Monday is VOM's International Day of Prayer  

Posted by JC Lamont in

Sorry I don't have any humorous, random rants today, but I pretty much ranted several times this week already, so....

Please let your church know that Monday is Voice of the Martyr's International Day of Prayer. Join me and thousands of other Christians who will pray for the continued perseverance of our brothers and sisters who suffer for their faith while we enjoy the luxury of religious freedom -- a luxury we should not take for granted.

This is a picture of Zhang Jian, after being beaten for being a Christian.



"Zhang Jian is a gentle and humble Christian who is quick to laugh and full of joy. He works with his father, caring for orphans, evangelizing and helping house church Christians. Because these ordinary Christian activities are considered "crimes" by the Chinese government, police violently attacked his family and beat Zhang Jian for 25 minutes with iron bars. Bones in his face were broken and doctors believe he may not regain sight in his right eye." -- Voice of the Martyrs
Click here if you wish to learn more or send financial aid.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

This entry was posted on 07 November, 2008 at Friday, November 07, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

OMG. I just get so frustrated when I see stuff like this. Ok, yeah, let's beat someone up JUST for what they believe. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

This is the Evil One clawing its nasty talons into people thinking they should hurt innocent people just for what they believe.

I mean, I don't believe in homosexuality, but do I want to go and beat someone who does up? NO!!!! We need to treasure life.

Sorry, I went a little bonkers there for a minute. I'll be joining you in prayer on Monday!

November 7, 2008 at 10:00 AM

JC, VOM is very close to my heart, too. Thanks for the post; I did not know about Monday. It was only 12 years ago that I read this, "There are more Christian martyrs today than there were in 100 a.d. . . an estimated 164,000 were martyred in 1999" (open cover of Jesus Freaks by DC Talk and The Voice of the Martyrs) My life has not been the same. I will join VOM, you and our friend LR in prayer. Thanks again! You are an inspiration.

November 7, 2008 at 12:33 PM

Post a Comment